Friday, March 13, 2015

Why Freelancers Are Taking Over The World

Next week I will be keynoting the Staffing Industry Analysts Conference and the focus of my talk is going to be the freelancer economy. This is perhaps one of the most exciting and impactful trends that is going to disrupt organizations over the next few years. Today it's estimated (according to the Freelancers Union) that around 34% of the U.S. workforce is already freelancing to some degree and according to a study conducted by Intuit they predict that 40% of American workers will be freelancers by 2020. I'm working on a more comprehensive infographic around this topic that I will be sharing in the coming weeks. In this latest episode of the Futurein5 I share the underlying trends that are powering the freelancer economy and what this trends means for organizations. I absolutely think that freelancers are taking over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment